Thanksgiving is upon us! Before we get lost in turkey and gravy, how about we get lost in some reflection on the goodness of our God. Consider the following:
1. “God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don’t have now, we don’t need now.” – Elizabeth Elliot
2. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” –Charles Spurgeon
3. “We need to discover all over again that worship is as natural to the Christian as it was to the godly Israelites who wrote the psalms. The habit of celebrating the greatness and graciousness of God yields an endless flow of thankfulness, joy, and zeal.” – J.I. Packer
4. “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich!” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
5. “God is in control, and therefore in EVERYTHING I can give thanks; not because of the situation but because of the One who directs and rules over it.” – Kay Arthur
6. “In happy moments, PRAISE GOD. In difficult moments, SEEK GOD. In quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. In painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD.” –Rick Warren
7. “Be thankful. God has commanded it—for our good and for His glory. God’s command to be thankful is not the threatening demand of a tyrant. Rather, it is the invitation of a lifetime—the opportunity to draw near to Him at any moment of the day.” –Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
8. “It’s one thing to be grateful. It’s another to give thanks. Gratitude is what you feel. Thanksgiving is what you do.” – Tim Keller
9. “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – G.K. Chesterton
10. “'Gratitude' comes from the same word as freedom (gratis = free). Gratitude is the freeing expression of a free heart toward one who freely gave." – Ravi Zacharias
11. "To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us – and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him." –Thomas Merton
More on the subject of Thanksgiving this Sunday.
Hope to see you there!
Blessings and Peace.